Tip of the Day
Sow Beetroot OutsideWith the arrival of May, we can now sow beetroot directly outside. Beetroot likes a deep, sandy soil, manured... Read Tips
GIY is a global movement of people who grow their own food.
Our big idea? When people grow their own they gain a deeper understanding of food called ‘food empathy’ which acts as a lever to a healthier lifestyle.
There are 50,000 people involved online and in the community, supported by the GIY foundation, which runs campaigns and events to inspire and support people to grow their own.
- We love a good SpudFest! @streetfeast @Bordbia @potato_ie - 2h ago
- Don't forget your wellies and gloves though... #BitNippyOut twitter.com/RonanDouglas81… - 6h ago
- What a gorgeous evening here in #waterford. Perfect time to get out and #GIY - 21h ago
- Huge turnout and lots of positivity in at the @waterfordcc #WatBizExpo in the company of @AIBIreland @wlrfm @waterfordit @Buseireann - 21h ago
- Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb... Here's our weekly #GIY #Ezine- eepurl.com/b0yldj - 22h ago
- Horticulture & Design Level 5 QQI in The Grow Project #Waterford. P: 051 832002 for info. pic.twitter.com/gnTarlrmbG - 5 May ago
Our online shop is crammed with great value products that we will deliver direct to your veggie patch. By buying from us you are also helping us to make home-grown food the norm.
Latest Photo Album
Date: Saturday May 7, 2016
Date: Sunday May 8, 2016
Date: Wednesday May 11, 2016
Date: Monday May 16, 2016
Date: Monday May 30, 2016
Date: Saturday June 11, 2016
Date: Wednesday August 31, 2016
From The Forums
Ask the Expert? - Moving a FigMay 06, 2016 | Read
The GIY Debate - The to dig or not to dig discussion.May 05, 2016 | Read
Animals for the small holder - AquaponicsMay 05, 2016 | Read
Ask the Expert? - Making liquid seaweed feedMay 01, 2016 | Read
Ask the Expert? - Raised bedsApr 14, 2016 | Read
Vegetables and Herbs - MAKING RAISED RAISEDApr 14, 2016 | Read
Pigs - pigsApr 13, 2016 | Read
Vegetables and Herbs - Where to get WasabiApr 11, 2016 | Read
General Chit-Chat - Cast not a clout till the whitethorn is outApr 08, 2016 | Read
There seems to be a lot of confusion about composting weeds. Weeds make up the main part of my compost heap and they really make excellent compost. Yet on numerous occasions I noticed that people start dumps – of...
Recent Blog Posts
By: Ken Macgrath
i have tried to grow lemon grass from seed. and i have failed each time, does anyone on giy have lemon grass plants for sale, thank youMore
By: Cathrin Bauer
Hello! Really hope you had a great start in the new year. I escaped the rain and spent Christmas and new year at home with my family in Germany and had a really lovely...More
By: Ailin Casey
We planted indoor bulbs. They were Paperwhite Ziva bulbs. In the polytunnel we harvested the first beetroot and we are going to bring it home to eat it. We also harvested...More
By: Ailin CaseyMore